Let’s face it; nobody gets excited about cleaning gutters. In fact, most people absolutely dread it. However, when it comes to maintaining the exterior of your home, this is simply one area that you can’t neglect. If you have been thinking about taking on a major do-it-yourself project, this week’s blog will give you all of the helpful tips that you need to actually get the job done correctly. Join us as we go over some of the critical steps that you should take when you’re about to clean your gutters.
Gather the Right Supplies
No matter what project you’re undertaking, it is important that you have the right supplies and equipment needed to get the job done. Here a few of the things that are absolutely necessary when it comes to gutter cleaning:
- The right gloves: There’s no way to effectively clean your gutters without using your hands. Since you’re preparing for some physical labor, it is important that you get the right pair of gloves to protect your hands. Cleaning your gutters isn’t a delicate activity. Sharp debris can make their way to your gutters from trees and your roof; make sure that your hands are properly protected so you can really dive into the task at hand.
- A solid ladder: Unless you’re unusually tall or your home is remarkably low, you’re going to need a stable ladder to access your gutter the right way. Taking on a home improvement project can be scary enough. The last thing you need is too add a shaky ladder to the equation. This is especially true if you’re afraid of heights.
- Some help: Even though we call it a do-it-yourself project, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t ask a friend for some help if you can. It is always good to have someone there to hold the ladder or help you dispose of the debris if you can. This will help you speed up the process and approach your project with confidence.
- A trash bag for the debris.
- Garden hose and safety goggles
Keep It Simple
When it comes to cleaning your gutter, there are just certain simple steps that you should take. Remember that you’re trying to get a job done as quickly and effectively as possible. You’re not trying to be fancy or experiment. First, remove all large pieces of debris from the gutter and place them into a garbage bag. Next use the garden hose to spray your gutters and rid them of excess dirt. It is important that you wear your safety goggles during this time to protect your eyes. You may also want to put down a protective tarp so that your front porch or sidewalks and driveways don’t get too dirty in the process.
Assess Your Work
One you’re done, take a minute to assess your work and examine your gutters. Are there any cracks or is the gutter bent in any way? Is there some extra debris that you didn’t get that is still an eye sore for you? If so, you may need to enlist the help of professionals. This is where Fiddler Roof Cleaning comes into play. No matter how dirty your gutters are or how challenging the job may be, our team is trained to swing into action and get the job done effectively and efficiently. If you’re worried about the pricing of it all, you shouldn’t be. We take pride in our ability to offer first-rate cleaning services at the most affordable prices in the industry. If this sounds like a better option than taking on a do-it-yourself project, make the right decision and choose Fiddler Roof Cleaning today. We are standing by to take your call.
Posted: February 26, 2016